Summer Mom Style
Memorial Day tends to be the kick off of summer in our book. We won't lie, living here in the midwest and it's overly temperamental weather, we wait all year for the sunshine and warmth that summer brings!
As moms of kids who are normally locked away in school the rest of the year, we pack tightly our summers with adventure & experiences. We love an easy throw on accessories to up our every day closet. Here are a few summer items on our "quick grab, outfit upgrade" list.
1. Sunnies : Sun gear is a staple in our house and sunglasses are at the top of the list for me. I like the circular frame on these Ray-Bans (a christmas gift from the hubby). I'm usually not one to spend much on sunglasses, since I tend to lose them, but these are one of my favorite accessories and I get lots of use out of them.
2. Bright Choker: Use the summer to try out your hand, err I mean neck, at this choker style. I like a pop of color with my very simplistic closet. This wild juniper beaded choker has the fun faceted Czech glass beads and feels more fun than a simple black choker. Who doesn't love this turquoise color either?
3. Summery Clutch: Every mom needs a quick & easy escape-out-the-door piece. This summery tribal print clutch holds your essentials: keys, wallet, phone, lip gloss, sunnies and a ziplock of goldfish. We like the mustard pop against any solid colored summery top. You can snag this clutch now in our brick & mortar shop.
4. Wire Headband: This easy to wear headwrap has a wire inserted inside for a quick and simple styled look. You can wear it under your hair, over your side pony or braid and it can even wrap it around your bun. We have lots of summery prints listed and more on the way!
5. Toe Nail Polish: We plan to be barefoot as often as possible. Whether digging our feet into the sand at the beach, chasing our littles through the yard or relaxing with a little sangria on the back porch. I snagged this pretty magenta (big spender) Essie polish at Target. Pretty toes are the little things in life that can make the small moments enjoyable.
Bonus Accessory: I grabbed this fun little trip planner at Anthropologie last weekend and I can wait to pack up for our little camping trip this weekend.